1. What exactly is a Community Health Center?
Community Health Centers are local, non-profit, community-owned health care centers that have been operating in communities across the nation since the 1960s. This national network of health centers provides high-quality affordable primary care. Also known as Federally Qualified Health Centers, they are located in areas where care is needed but scarce.
2. I have health insurance. Why would I want to go to a Community Health Center?
People's Health Center is your healthcare home. We offer health care to everyone living in Lincoln-Lancaster County. By supporting People's Health Center, you'll receive high quality health care at great savings. We offer comprehensive medical care, dental care, and behavioral health care for the whole family.
3. How do I know if my salary is too high to qualify for your medical and dental assistance?
There are no income restrictions to receiving care. Depending on your family income and family size, you may qualify for discounts on our sliding fee scale.
4. Developing a relationship with my health care providers is important to me. Can I choose which doctor I see at People's Health Center?
Yes! We encourage you to be a full participant in your own health care.
5. How long does it take to get an appointment with a doctor?
The current waiting time to see a People's Health Center provider is about five weeks for a new patient. We also have a number of Same Day Appointments available for patients who are acutely ill.
6. My husband has a chronic medical condition that requires monitoring by a physician. Is this beyond the scope of care provided at People's Health Center?
No. People's Health Center provides care to many patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and other chronic illnesses.
8. What if I need specialty care?
People's Health Center has a strong relationship with specialists in private practice and will refer you to specialists as necessary.
9. My medications are expensive. Can your pharmacy provide any savings?
As a People's Health Center patient, you qualify for certain medicines at costs reduced 25% to 50% depending on the medication. Our clinic also has a medication assistance program that can provide other discounts.
10. My mother is on Medicare and is having a hard time affording her health care costs. Can People's Health Center help her?
Yes! As a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, we can provide assistance to Medicare beneficiaries.
11. My child is starting day care. Can your health clinic provide a physical exam and appropriate immunizations?
Yes! People's Health Center provides physical exams and immunizations to people of all ages. People's Health Center offers seasonal flu shots to children and adults.